drank Strawberry Paraiso by Teavana

Revisiting this today without rinsing the tea. As reported by others, this does have a nice pinkish liquor. It doesn’t seem artificial. The color probably comes from the beetroot pieces. It’s a nice aesthetic touch. And if you were wondering about the raisins, yes, there are indeed some raisins in here.

After carefully blending the tea together, I would say this is more like tea-flavored fruit tisane than fruit-flavored tea (that is more fruit and popcorn than tea).

I did not notice any appreciable difference in the flavor compared to the brew I did yesterday with rinsed leaves. It’s still very good, though I wish I could taste the papaya more. I look for it more next time. Again 2 steeps at 175/2min. One steep with sugar, one without. A teaspoon of sugar really helps this one out. Could probably go with 3 steeps if you wanted-this stuff is pretty expensive for having so little tea in it.

It’s got a good beat and you can dance to it, so I’m giving it an 87

Started drinking tea for health benefits maybe 5 years ago-exclusively bagged tea. Usually went for various Celestial Seasonings type of stuff. I bought a tea infuser at a gourmet shop once and then I realized there was almost no loose tea available. Eventually tiring of bags, I started ordering loose tea online and I have never gone back. Initially, I was exploring all the wild and exotic flavor combinations, but now I mostly drink straight teas. I still enjoy blended teas-but prefer those without “flavoring”. Hope to learn here and find some new teas I might not otherwise find. Am a vegan, so “milk” generally means “soymilk” to me. If it’s almond, rice, or coconut, I will mention that fact.

I am new here, and new to reviewing tea. Many of my initial reviews will be from memory and may not be very detailed at all. I hope to write more informative reviews on current and future teas.

I won’t let external factors affect my rating of the tea-such as slow shipping, too expensive, etc. I’ll mention any customer service problems in my reviews. I also won’t let my mistakes in not following the seller’s recommended parameters affect a rating. I can’t believe people who say “I forgot about it and oversteeped it” and then give it a rating. If I brew outside the parameters, I will wait until I brew it right before I give it a rating.

TEMPORARY RATING SYSTEM- Don’t hold me to these numbers and descriptions-like George Bluth, I like to tweak.

90+ It’s awesome, right?? I’ll probably try to keep it on hand.

80-89 – I really like this and will buy it again at some point, but there are so many teas to try!

70-79 – This is a pretty good tea and I may buy it again based on my mood, what tea store I am buying from, and what kind of deal I can get.

60-69 – This is okay. I finished the bag. I would drink it again if offered, but would not buy it again.

40-59 – IF I finished the bag, I recall this tea thinking “Why in the hell did I finish the bag?”

1-39 – Did not finish the bag. Maybe not even the cup. Tea was given away or discarded.

Usa