drank Honeydew Mate by DAVIDsTEA

I am on tea drinking mission, as I have many tea’s to sample and rate not only from swaps, but also from my own stash – so many that I have not yet logged on virtual cupboard.

This one came my from a swap with Aimee – that you so much!!

The first time I tried this tea, I held off rating it, because I didn’t pull the melon flavour from it. I don’t know what I did wrong the last time, but I know from personal habits, I sometimes don’t use enough leaf, and put in too much water. This time I intentionally used a smaller cup and added more leaf. Now I taste the melon.

As a hot beverage it is ok. I taste the melon, and a little bit of the bubble gum after taste that has been mentioned in other tasting notes.

I think this tea will probably shine iced or cold brewed which is my next mission for this tea.

My tea journey started in 2012, when a friend gifted me some loose leaf. I guess she thought I was drinking too much coffee. Blown away by the amazing flavours I immediately embraced the loose leaf tea. I still drink coffee, but my main choice of beverage is now tea.

My tea preferences are blacks, pu’erhs, oolongs and greens.

TO