The generous JustJames sent me a sample package of Verdant…THANK YOU!!!

I was a little intimidated by the Verdant tea…I didn’t want to mess it up, so I had delayed a little bit before opening any of the packets. I thought to myself ‘stay on top of the water temp and steep time’. Forgot to stay on top of steep times, but I didn’t have any issues with the taste of this tea.

My first steeping, I got a strong floral note on my first few sips, and as the tea cooled, I found it to be deliciously nutty.

My second steeping I found the rocky/mineral taste.

Third steeping was so deliciously creamy and sweet. This was my favourite steeping of the three.

I can probably get another steeping out of the leaves, which I will attempt a little later.

This is really delicious tea.

Fuzzy_Peachkin

This one is definitely forgiving of steep time. :-)

scribbles

I had a feeling it might, and that’s why I chose this one first.

Dexter

Excellent, glad you enjoyed it. I have some of this but haven’t tried it yet. Nice to hear others enjoying it.

JustJames

so glad you like this! i have yet to be able to mess up a verdant tea, lol. i am not as diligent as you are with my steep times… i always forget. and verdant hasn’t bittenme for it yet.

scribbles

I forget a lot to check my steep times and quite often have to estimate (as I did with the second steeping of this one) :)

Comments

Fuzzy_Peachkin

This one is definitely forgiving of steep time. :-)

scribbles

I had a feeling it might, and that’s why I chose this one first.

Dexter

JustJames

scribbles

My tea journey started in 2012, when a friend gifted me some loose leaf. I guess she thought I was drinking too much coffee. Blown away by the amazing flavours I immediately embraced the loose leaf tea. I still drink coffee, but my main choice of beverage is now tea.

My tea preferences are blacks, pu’erhs, oolongs and greens.

TO