drank 7th Heaven by Tealux

It’s funny that I got this particular tisane because it is made with something called ‘Lapacho’ (I’ve never hear of this), and I was looking at a Toronto based tea company that also uses this herb (??) in a couple of blends, and I was thinking about buying them to see. Now that I’ve actually tried it, I know I will at least request a sample of it.

In dry leaf form it smelled like chocolate orange – not a favourite combination of mine (until I tried Terry’s chocolate orange). It also looked like it would taste like chocolate orange – large pieces of orange, and a dust that I thought was cocoa powder.

Once it was brewed, it didn’t have an overwhelming citrusy taste, nor chocolate. I got a hint of both, plus something else that I am not able to identify – probably due to lack of experience with this herb (?). Not bad.

Thank you JustJames for introducing me to a new tasting experience!!

My tea journey started in 2012, when a friend gifted me some loose leaf. I guess she thought I was drinking too much coffee. Blown away by the amazing flavours I immediately embraced the loose leaf tea. I still drink coffee, but my main choice of beverage is now tea.

My tea preferences are blacks, pu’erhs, oolongs and greens.

TO