drank Wild Black Yunnan by DAVIDsTEA

It is about time I finally do a review on this one…it is long overdue. I wanted to get a tasting note in before I leave for a mini vay-cay but since I am on here sporadically, I don’t think it would have been noticed even if I didn’t mention the vacation.

This came my way from my first swap with the wonderful JustJames. I’ve actually had drunk it a few times, but didn’t review it, because I was surprised at the sourness that I was getting from it, and thought I should hold off reviewing it until I steeped and tasted it properly, rather than feeling stressed about getting it logged.

So even though I am stressed about trying to pack everything up, I decided to take a break and steep and taste this as it was meant. Now that I have done that the sourness has disappeared.

The dry leaf smells reminds me of tobacco and earth.

The brewed taste is a little reminiscent of tobacco, but smooth, and no sourness or bitterness. This is actually quite enjoyable when brewed properly. Note to self…do not rush this tea – it doesn’t like that.

My appreciation to JustJames for sending this to me!

Dexter

Have a great time on your vacation. Enjoy your time away, relax and have some fun!!! :))

scribbles

Thank you!! Is only a couple of days, but desperately needed!