drank Black Pearl Sumatra by Tealux

I thought this was a black tea, so I treated it like I would any other black tea. I added a touch of creamer. It tasted a little sour to me, so I wasn’t too impressed.

Then I logged on and discovered that it was an oolong. What?! Well, that just might change things. I put no additives in oolongs, so I left the creamer out for my second steep. Big difference. The sourness went away, and what I was left with was a deep, smooth flavour with a hint of mineral in the aftertaste. Much tastier than the first cup.

Thank you to Dexter3657 for sending me a sample of these delicious (if confusing) pearls!

Dexter3657

LOL This still confuses me. Package and web site say oolong – everyone else in the world lists Black Pearl as a black tea. Dunno, but I like it. I’ve ordered more. Glad you found parameters that suit you.

scribbles

The name of the tea threw me :) I guess what counts is that it’s pretty good.

Comments

Dexter3657

scribbles

The name of the tea threw me :) I guess what counts is that it’s pretty good.

I love my rescues, tea, fitness and art. I love the great, green world, and all that’s in it.

TO