This Big Red Robe is on the lighter side of roasted flavour, and while it is delicious, I think I prefer a heavier roast. This is a very good tea if you don’t like a heavy dark roast.

Even though I prefer a heavier roast, I am appreciating this tea for it’s lighter notes. It brews to a dark golden colour. The taste is light and a bit mineral, with a floral and fruity hint in the aftertaste.

I’m on the third steep and I’m sure I can get a few more steeps out of the leaves.

Thank you Dexter3657 for providing me with a sample of this tea.

Dexter

Memo to self – scribbles prefers darker roasts oolongs (I have the dark roast of this specific tea – I haven’t tried it, but once I do…..)

Terri HarpLady

I haven’t tried the light roast, but I’m with scribbles. The Dark roast version of this is awesome. :)

scribbles

I might have a sample of the dark, but if not am definitely going to order it.

Dexter

If not let me know and I can send you some – try before you buy.

Thank you!!

Comments

Dexter

Terri HarpLady

scribbles

I might have a sample of the dark, but if not am definitely going to order it.

Dexter

If not let me know and I can send you some – try before you buy.

Thank you!!

My tea journey started in 2012, when a friend gifted me some loose leaf. I guess she thought I was drinking too much coffee. Blown away by the amazing flavours I immediately embraced the loose leaf tea. I still drink coffee, but my main choice of beverage is now tea.

My tea preferences are blacks, pu’erhs, oolongs and greens.

TO