I have ben wanting to try this tea for a long time, only because I thought it looked really interesting. Dexter3657 must have intuited this, since I was sent this in a generous box.

I didn’t look at the site or previous written notes on this one, so I didn’t know what to expect. The liquor brewed to a deep gold colour, and the aroma reminded me a little bit of a barn….straw/hay aroma. Oh oh. I tentatively took a sip, and was surprised at the mildness of this tea. It was sweet and a little hay-like in flavour, but I didn’t find that off-putting. It was really good, actually.

I just finished a second cup of this, and it was sweeter than the last. Some fruit notes came through, and it was quite nectar-like with the mouth-feel and sweetness.

This was a tasty surprise. Thank you Dexter!

Stephanie

Ooh, neat sounding tea :)

scribbles

I wanted to try it ’cos the leaves are so unusual. It was a nice surprise that it was so good.

Dexter

Awesome!!! Really happy that you liked this. I wasn’t sure about including it in your package. I thought it was more “novelty” than “good tea” and I hadn’t tried it….will have to move it up the list. :))

gmathis

The leaves do look like something out of a fairy tale! (Let’s see…who gathered bundles of sticks? One of the little pigs; surely someone else…)

Comments

Stephanie

Ooh, neat sounding tea :)

scribbles

Dexter

gmathis

My tea journey started in 2012, when a friend gifted me some loose leaf. I guess she thought I was drinking too much coffee. Blown away by the amazing flavours I immediately embraced the loose leaf tea. I still drink coffee, but my main choice of beverage is now tea.

My tea preferences are blacks, pu’erhs, oolongs and greens.

TO