I awoke this morning wanting to sample this tea. So I took my new cup, not so new, since I used it the day before last and placed 1 teabag in the cup and added boiling water to the cup and left it to steep for five minutes. When time elapsed, I removed the covering from the cup and took hold of the cup; placing my fingers around the cup and savoring the cup’s warmth while trying to breathe in the fragrance.

Tea is a dark amber in color.

Tea’s aroma is that of black tea; it is very malty with a rich full-body. Within first sip of this tea, I noticed sharpness in the taste, finding it a bit too strong for my palette. I did not add anything to it, just left it plain and very hot. I specifically steeped the tea longest since I wanted to experience the flavor fully. It is not bitter in taste but sharp, leaving for a dry mouth feel at the back of the throat. Not chalky either. It is dry like white wine but not in flavoring.

My second cup of this tea came later in the day, early afternoon while fixing dinner. This steep was for 3 minutes and nothing added to it. The color is amber but not as dark as this morning’s cup. I like what I see of the color and freshness and welcome the sips as I took them. That sharpness in the taste is lessened quite a bit. I like the dry tasting effect of this tea and continue to enjoy it until the last sip.

Overall, tea is a sweet-malt flavor, with a dry note effect liken to a glass of dry white wine. It is not chalky in the taste. I also like this tea for its smoothness, making for a fine drinking tea.