This China Rose Black Tea that I have is in loose leaf; a tin full. And I wanted to see how tasting a cup of this tea would meet with having tasted several other teas of similar type but in tea bags instead of loose leaves.

For this tea, it is best to brew and steep for a lesser time. Two minutes and not a full five minutes if only fixing one cup at a time. It brews strong right away. I find this tea is closer to the Kopili Assam in strength. They are both very assertive teas. The Kopili is probably the nicer of the two teas in quality as well.

For wanting a simple cup of black tea, The China Rose tea will do nicely. Adding sugar and crème to it makes it nicer even. And with the Kopili Assam, the flavoring is a fuller roast, nothing at all weak about this tea.