Title for this review: Pu-erh Premium Loose Tea by Stash Tea

Pu-erh is recognized in the Orient for its medicinal properties. Red liquor with a unique slightly earthy taste.

Ingredients: 100% Black tea

Brewing:
Start with a pre-heated cup or pot. Use cold fresh water (bottled or filtered water is recommended). Bring the water to a rolling boil. Don’t let it boil too long since this will result in a flat tasting cup of tea. For white and green teas, water should be just below boil. Use one level teaspoon of loose tea per cup. Pour hot water over the tea leaves. Brew 3-5 minutes or to desired taste. If using an infuser, be sure to fill it only half full to allow proper infusion of the tea leaves.

Upon opening the sealed bag and sniffing the tea, it is indeed pu-erh and not a pleasant smell at first. I took some of the loose tea and placed it on my palm and see that they are very finely cut and crunchy.

I brewed the tea as instructed for three minutes with first infusion. The color is red and taste is slightly earthy as is distinctive of pu-erh.

One either likes or dislikes pu-erh, there simply is no other way.

seule771

I have not gotten as excited from drinking this pu-erh as I have in the past with other pu-erh that tasted more like minerals/enzymes and most pronounce is Numi’s Imperial pu-erh tasting like cantaloupe; well dew like melon but raw earthy texture to it.

Comments

seule771

Sterling, MA