A review: Rose China Black Tea by Choicest Tea

Steeping instructions:
Place 1 tsp of tea leaves for every 8oz (1 cup) of water
Bring the water to a rolling boil about 2120F

Color: is a reddish brown

Leaves are black and finely curled, more like bits but when boiled they become full leaves and retain their black color. With three steeps the leaves still remained the same.

Tasting notes or teas characteristic: black tea with tiny flakes of rose bits, not bitter but sugary like without the sugar, and malt. When first inhaling the aroma I can smell the scented rose, more like burned smoke with a slight floral undertone.

I am enjoying this malt liquor brew as I try to envision what it might be like to add sugar and perhaps milk to this tea. It would go well if fully cooked on the stove after removing the tea leaves to add milk and honey or sugar and let cook a bit longer; this would be an ideal way for true lovers of black tea to have it.

Something about this tea reminds me of The London Cuppa tea I have been enjoying, making this similar to a Darjeeling perhaps.

seule771

Thanks for likes. A former college professor gave me this tea since she knew I was to be reviewing teas.