A review: Kopili Assam Black Tea by Stash Tea

Assam (India); is one of the world’s most popular teas, and often among the best. Grown in low lying Assam region of northerneastern India, it’s typically astringent, robust, and “malty,” with an orange or red liquor; it is often mixed into “breakfast” blends, and is well suited to the addition of milk and sugar.

I steeped this fine Assam for a full five minutes; taking care to add on teaspoon of sugar (granulated) to it. I wanted to have that licorice aspect with the robust and malty that it is known for. I was not disappointed.

For five-minute brew; the tea yields a lovely darken red; and smells wonderfully robust. Upon tasting it, the malt hits you at once with the sugar surfacing nicely. I should intermingle within the cup of tea. I kept thinking if I added more sugar I could accomplish that sugary kind of coffee/tea Moroccan tends to favor. In truth, I know not, I imagine they like.

This is indeed finest of tea. After having the likes of some horrid musty and moisten earth kind of tea, this is a welcoming home of sort. A much needed troth. I am saying I like this Kopili Assam tea.