A review of Kukicha (Twig Tea) by Haiku

I like the roast smelling of twigs making me think of being outdoors by the burning of woods. I decided to brew this tea using two tea bags placed in cup and adding boiling water for a few minutes. I was not disappointed. Tea color was very dark amber and the smell of the twigs was very prevalent.

I enjoyed sipping this tea through out the day since having made a whole pot of it. I know that each varietals was to have been roasted separately in order to bring out its rich flavor and this I am noting in the taste. It is of a smoky aroma and I think smokers would like this tea since it does make on think of smoking and of burning of woods.

The caffeine level is more concentrated in the leaves and twig tea is to be very mild, yet having drunk this tea throughout the day, I did find myself feeling restless at times and not quite able to relax as I normally would. Perhaps it is not the tea, just my fragile state of being lately.

Overall, tea has fullness with a very smoky aroma; a fragrance that is very inviting to those liking the smelling of smoke, smokers or specifically those who have given up smoking may enjoy this inhaling this tea for its aroma. I like that this tea makes me think of burning wood, a roasting fire even and something that men has been enjoying for centuries.