A review of Authentic Wu-Yi Tea (Premium Blend) by Wu-Yi Source

Ingredients:
Oolong Tea, Natural Apple Flavor

Brewing Instructions:
To savor the full flavor and produce the best results from our tea, bring fresh water to a rolling boil. Pour hot water directly over the tea bag in a standard size mug. Brew 3-5 minutes or to desired taste. One bag makes 8 ounces of hot Wu-Yi tea.
For Iced Tea:
Brew tea, chill, then pour over ice and serve with fresh sliced lemon

Contains approximately 30mg of caffeine per 8-oz (250mL) cup.

I brewed this tea for a few minutes and left to steep. Tea color is a light amber. I have decided to add a small slice of lime to it since tea odor is most faint. The lemon does seem to liven the tea for a citrus aroma and mingling nicely throughout.

I do like this tea; it is mild in body and flavor. Not at all astringent, but I cannot seem to discern the apple flavor to be found in tea, prior to adding the lemon that is.

I had purchased this tea last year and it was close to its expiration date, so perhaps that is why I cannot discern the apple flavoring since it must have evaporated somehow. Tea does not taste stale or flat; it is just plain Oolong tea, the kind one drinks after dinner at a restaurant serving Chinese/Cantonese/Taiwan cuisine. Tea washes down nicely after a full meal.

Angrboda

What a good idea for an oolong flavouring. I think you’re right in your theory about why you couldn’t initially find any apple flavour in it, though. Do you think, if the apple flavour had been more prominent, you would have liked it better?

Comments

Angrboda

Sterling, MA