A review of Celtic Breakfast by Choice Organic Teas

I filled a small pan with freshly drawn water and let water come to a full boil. I placed one tea bag into cup, and poured the hot water over tea bag in the cup, allowing to brew for 4 minutes for the flavors to unfold to their fullest. Also to be able to breathe in the aroma as it is presented in the steam rising from the cup. I like this aspect of getting a sense of the tea’s flavor through one’s nostrils. What it conjures prior to having had a sip of the tea.

Tea’s color is a dark red with first steep, I notice later when adding more water to the cup that the color does lighten to amber’s golden dew. Still dark, but not red is all.

This is not a bouquet type tea since it is too robust and smells of malt, there is a rawness to it. It is an equal combination of Assam tea leaf with Ceylon teas from mountain estates which keeps the blend strikingly smooth.

I choose to add one teaspoon of sugar to tea with the second steep as this enhances the malt and robustness that is to be found in this cup of tea.

Overall, this tea is described as “a malty tea of strength,” and it is indeed that.