A review of Pure Spring Green Tea (Bilo Chun) by In Nature

Using fresh cold water, I put to boil, when it comes to a rolling boil I turn off the pan. In opening this package I notice the thin foil that it comes in, like those found in coffee tins at times. It is shiny silver and the smell of the leaves are wonderful, smelling of milk or that dew melon I tend to think of when drinking some finer green teas.

I place one heaping teaspoon of the leaves into my mug and fill this with the boiled water and left to steep for few minutes. I like how at first, the leaves are crunchy and finely curled and once having poured the water into the cup they unfurl to a lovely green color at the bottom of the cup.

Tea’s color is very light green, and with the leaves at the bottom of the cup to enliven the green’s color all the more. Nosing this tea is to think of grassiness, that fresh cut grass smell to it, a nice effect.

I sip this tea slowly since I know it is very astringent and not bitter, but it does leave the palette dryer, some coating effect on the tongue.

With the second steep infusion for two minutes, using the same tea leaves I find that the grassiness is lessened and tea is not as sharply astringent. This time it is more herbal like and something of the silkiness is coming through with this second infusion.

I remember to remove the tea leaves from the cup and drink the second infusion without the leaves since as they stay in the cup it would be bitter.

Overall, 1st steep: tea is very grassy in taste with a lively mouth-drying effect on the tongue. It is refreshing and clean.
2nd steep: tea is softer, lush even with a silkiness to it making one think of milk or the dew found in some melons.

I must say; something about this tea reminds me of the Sencha Shinrikyu Tea by the Tao of Tea sampler pack that I tried last year. They are both nice teas.

Thank you In Nature for sending me this Bilo Chun (Pure Spring Green Tea) to try. It is exceptional.

seule771

Thank you, kindness, random acts of kindness denotes more of the same. Happy teas to you.

ScottTeaMan

Hey, I really like your blog. I’ll read it further when I have more time.

seule771

They say time is of the essence! And we are here on Steepster doing what? Sipping tea on sip-at-a-time.