A review of Kukicha (Twig) Tea by Haiku

To prepare hot, add 1 teabag per cup or 4 teabags per 4 cups (a teapot) to cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes. Remove the teabags and serve.

As this is Iced tea month, I am brewing myself jugs of tea to consume throughout the day. I never realized how making a jug of tea is so much time consuming than getting up each time to fix a cup of tea.

I love the aroma of this tea when brewing several tea bags in one big pot. I use five tea bags and very fresh coldly drawn water and let this boil for a good five minutes and after having come to a rolling boil.

I let it cool for at least ½ hour and pour content unto a jug. Well in this case it is a small pot. For my cup I add some crush iced to the bottom of the glass and pour the tea.

I love the dark amber color of the tea. It is so very black and rich of smoke (twigs burning).

I sip this tea and think immediately of the outdoors and camping since this sometimes entails a fire burning made of wood and twigs.

This tea is so rich in flavor and the caffeine is next to none because it is made mainly of twigs and so this tea can be enjoyed through the day.

I am heady and happily enjoying my roasted cup of twig tea and more of it to follow (a potful)of it.

ScottTeaMan