A review of Celtic Breakfast Tea by Choice Organic Teas

This is another great tea to fixed as iced tea. I placed four tea bags into a medium pan and fill it with freshly drawn, cold water. I placed cover on pan, partially and left to steeped for a good five minutes; when the water comes to a rolling boil, I remove the cover and let it brew a bit longer before turning it off.

Tea’s color is darken amber and smells very strongly of malt. I let it cool completely before pouring it into a jug. I take a tall glass from cupboard and set on table while retrieving some lime and ice to go with the tea. I thinly slice the lime into a few smaller sections and put one into the glass and crushed some iced to place in the glass and then poured myself some of the tea. I take one of the remaining limes and squeeze some of its juice over the tea and swirl about.

I have enjoyed this tea when hot with honey and sugar **(preferring it more with sugar) and now having it cold with some lime makes it for a milder cup of tea. The malt is very present…a rawness and drying of the palette but the lime makes it fruity and as I swallow the tea is not as astringently drying as without the lime. It seems as such.

I must note when I am to have the next cup of iced tea it will be without the lime. To truly enjoy this tea it is best alone with no tempering, but adding the sugar does to it nicely.

So enjoy a cup of Celtic Breakfast Iced tea and experience malt strength for what it is!