A review of Kopili Assam Black Tea by Stash Teas of India

This is another great tea to make iced tea with. I have been using 3 or 4 tea bags for each pot of iced tea that I wish to make. I brew it very strong since adding iced to tea weakens it somehow.

**A rule for measuring: For every two glasses—use 3 Tea bagss. For every quart use 5/6 Tea bags.

So with 4 tea bags in a medium pan and freshly drawn cold water poured over the tea bags and left to boil for a good five minutes with partial lid open. When it is a rolling boil, I remove the cover and turn off the fire. Leaving the pan to cool for about ½ hour.

I fix myself a tall glass with crushed ice and pour the tea into the glass and adding one teaspoon of raw sugar and gently stirring tea while watching the ice and sugar intermingling, when all that appeared to be left was just ice and tea, I decided to have a try and taste it.

My teas are never overly sweet, just a hint of sugar and I am happy to note that this ice tea is just right. It is smoother in texture with the sugar making for a round-bodied tea.

I am happy to say, I have made another great iced cup of tea.

ScottTeaMan

That’s why I’ve been cold brewing lately-no ice to water down the tea.