A review of Dragon Pearl Jasmine (floral) Tea by Harney & Sons Fine Teas
I have had Harney & Sons Teas and note the bags are made of silken sachet, which is a nice effect as one can watch the leaves unfold as tea is brewing and steeping. This effect is nicely demonstrated with this Dragon Pearl Jasmine.

When examining the tea bag I can see the curled up leaves, actually they are rolled into individual little rounded pearls. And one can smell the Jasmine at once.

I place the tea bag in a cup and pour hot boiling water into the cup and left to steep for two minutes. Tea’s color is lightly golden dew and there are hints of Jasmine permeating one’s nostrils. It is kind of over powering.

I don’t want to sip tea right away, but instead to take in what I smell, and to get pass it. I leave the tea alone for several minutes while doing other things. I am reminded of reviews I had read of Jasmine tea, wordings like: ‘light tea loaded with delicious Jasmine’; ‘naturally scented with jasmine flowers creating a soothing aromatic experience while enjoying this tea’.

I like that the leaves are shaped like pearls and how nice an effect it is to watching them unfurl as they steep and having experience this makes it special in some small way. I decide to have a sip of tea and not think of odor but the taste. I am reminded it is green tea and this is usually astringent in taste; tasting like cut grass but with the jasmine it is not astringent and does not have that drying aspect either. It is not bitter but it does have smoothness to it and something of the taste reminds me of the Hemani Brand teas I have tried. As they all seem to have that medicinal quality, smelling pungently strong.

With the 2nd steep of this tea the aroma of the jasmine is somewhat less.
With the 3rd steep, it is faintly in the background; hovering, a lingering effect enhancing this green tea experience.

At first, the fragrant jasmine tea can be overpowering/overwhelming but in time with several steep it does become tolerable and palatable. I am guessing those liking flowering teas will enjoy the many folds found in this one cup of Dragon Pearl Jasmine tea.

I am reminded of another reviewer going as far to say that this tea: “my mouth literally waters every time I think of or smell these jasmine pearls.” Well, I cannot say this.

I can attest to the Harney & Sons saying: From tea garden to tea cup! As it does seem to be taken directly from the garden.