**A review Floral (Blue Jade) Oolong Tea by Fong Mong Tea
Tea samples received from Fong Mong Tea Corp. of Taipei, Taiwan

This sampler, which is in a sealed foil bag and once opened I see very tiny pellets, some of which I place in the palm of my hand. They are tiny indeed and do smell of soft fruit, or I should say it is a mildly sweet smell as opposed to having a grassy smell.

I place half of the bags content into a cup and poured hot water in the cup and left to steep for five minutes.

I have not had oolong tea in a long while so this is indeed a treat. I have several oolongs to review during the next month or so.

In removing the cover from tea cup I note that tea’s color is very light; a golden pale dew and again I am smelling what seems to be like a broth…it is very light and sweet smelling; so I am thinking summer squash.

When first tasting this tea I think immediately of those teas given at restaurants after consuming a meal or prior while waiting for your order.

I like this tea. I remove the leaves, which are now uncurl and full. The leaves are green and smell wonderful, floral like.

I can see I will be enjoying this tea all day. I had divide the portions equally and I can get several steep from this cup and the remaining tea not cook I will render to making iced tea with but I will not add ice to it. Just to have it room temperature or cooler yet.

With the 2nd and 3rd steeping time is less than five minutes. This time the tea does appear darker and with slight astringency in the taste.

I seem to prefer the tea with the first steeping I had of it as it did make me think of light broth…or remnants of squash, which is both, floral is smell and sweet. The shorter steeps brings about astringency and for some reason I do not like this preferring the dews of squash found in the taste when steeped for five minutes or longer.

This is very good oolong. I am always amaze with how the leaves are so tiny, crunched pellets and they come to full bloom; unfurling to fullness with the added water.

It is an interesting aspect for someone use to drinking tea in bags. Overall, this oolong is quite nice with a floral and mild side to it.