drank afternoon apricot by Tease

A review afternoon apricot (Loose Leaf Black Tea) by Tease

We blended fine Ceylon tea with Darjeeling and organic osmanthus flowers to create an aromatic, sweet and delicate cup with a wonderful fruity aroma. Excellent hot or cold and good enough to stand-alone or enjoy with milk.

Hot
1 1/2 tsp per 8 oz boiling 212 degree water steep for 3 minutes.

Iced tea (2 servings)
3 tsp tea, 2 cups cold water, steep for 1-3 hours in fridge, sweeten to taste keep refrigerated and consume within 3 days.

I decided to try this tea hot. I let the water boil for nearly five minutes and placed one teaspoon of leaves into a cup and poured the boiling water into the cup and left to steep for several minutes.

I should note that the tea in the bag is very sweet smelling. The leaves are black and are finely crunch with bits of the apricot. It is a lovely smell on its own.

I removed the cover from the cup of tea and take in the warm smell of the tea. The tea’s color is dark amber with a floral nose. This tea has fullness to it. A good heft in that the color, strength, substance and roundness. It is quality made tea of the finest Ceylon. I like the overall taste of this tea. It would do well with milk and sugar and served very hot.

With the 2nd steep I did add sugar to the tea, and this makes it so nice and creamy in the texture of the tea. Although with black tea there should only be 1 steep, discarding the tea leaves to avoid “stewing” or bitterness.

Overall, I like this tea from first whence I opened the aluminum sealed packaged, to inhaling the fragrant that is to be the bouquet of this tea. I smelled the apricot; it is sweet and sour in scent. Having a nice effect throughout the cup of tea.