A review of Orange Pekoe and Pekoe Cut Black Tea by Family Pantry

Orange Pekoe blends tend to include Ceylon which are known for their “brightness,” “liveliness,” and blend ability.
One of two teas that I like to prepare as iced tea.

I took poured freshly cold water into a pan on the stove and wait for it to come to full boil, I place several tea bags into the pan and left to steep for a few minutes more.

This tea’s color is golden amber and scenting of citrus. I wanted to try the first cup with no sweetener or milk, to enjoy it plain. It has a very mildly malty taste to it. It is not heavy on the palette, and no after taste. It has a drying effect once swallowed.

Having purchased this tea at a Family dollar store for daily consumption, I think that it is well worth the cup. An exceptionally mildly-malty cup of tea that of Orange Pekoe.

I let tea cool for about an hour and then pour content from the pan into my tea jug for later consumption of iced tea. I like this tea for its simple use in making tea: tea bags, cold (freshly drawn water) and something to cook it in and yes a stove. I guess for me three things are needed for a good cup of tea: fire, water, teabags or leaves, but then one needs a cup; so it is four things and I am not good at mathematics. Sorry!