A review of Turkish Style Blend (Ceylon Tea) by Upton Tea Imports

This is a proprietary blend of Ceylon tea created to mimic the style of tea produced in Turkey, which is rarely, if ever, exported.

I took one spoonful of the tea leaves, which are finely crunched/curled and place in my cup and poured hot boiling water into the cup and covered it for five minutes.

After the set time had elapsed I remove the cover from the cup and begin to take in the tea’s appearance. The leaves have unfolded and are dark in color, darken green. Tea’s color is dark as well. I remove the leaves and poured the tea into another cup to try and take in its color. It is darkish in color and smells faintly of caramel. Well, it is smooth in taste upon first sip of the tea. I am happy it is not bitter. Teas’ texture is creamy and a hint of vanilla is in the background. There is a smokiness to the tea and this makes the caramel more pronounced…I mean there is a bite to it when swallowing. It is a creamy liquor with lasting taste of caramel with hint of vanilla lingering in the background.

I am very surprised to find that I like another tea produced by Upton Tea Imports. This Ceylon tea is exceptionally made and I think adding a touch of milk to it would soften it even more. I, however, prefer it plain and very hot.