A review of Samovar OP-A Blend (Ceylon Tea) by Upton Tea Imports

This blended tea was created for using a Samovar. But this tea can be made using traditional teapots. A good thing to know since I am archaic in the tea wares that I own; mainly a small pan use solely for the boiling of tea water…etc.

I cut open the tea packet and scooped out 1½ teaspoons of leaves and place this in my warm and freshly washed teacup. I wait for the water to come to full boil and then I poured the fresh water into my cup and left it to steep for five minutes with cover atop.

I noticed how the leaves are finely curled; crinkly like and very dark. When I remove the cover after five minutes or so, the leaves are much fuller and very black in color. The tea’s color is a reddish brown infusion and lighter in character than an Assam. This tea is very bright in color, as Ceylon teas tend to be, and known and for their liveliness and can be blended with most green/black teas.

I take several sip of this tea and notice that it is smooth when swallowing and is cleanly for not having after taste like bitterness to it.

Overall taste for this tea is cleanly and smooth with a very bright coloring when infused. This is a good tea made by the folks at Upton Tea Imports.

I wish they could honor my mailed order requests.