A review Premium Blend of Orange Pekoe & Pekoe Cut Black Tea by Market Basket

I have this tea from time to time as afternoon tea and not always in the morning. It is an observation and I am not sure why I prefer it mid-day. Perhaps I am thinking I need something stronger than green tea perhaps.

I always rinse my cup with warm water; I take one tea bag and place it in my cup and add boiling water into my cup and placing the covering on the cup and let the tea steep for five minutes.

I cut up several bits of the lime that I keep around to have with my tea. Adding this after it has steeped, I squeeze some of the lime juice into my cup of tea and stir it slowly while noticing the tea’s color a darken golden color…reddish orange glow. It is amber in the coloring and I smell the citrusy effect of the pekoe plant.

The tea’s characteristic is that of a sweet malt with a full body, having no astringency. I like how the lime mingles in the cup by which livening the cup all the more.

On days when not wanting anything fancy and to simply fix a cup of tea, these premium blends comes in handy and worth keeping in my cupboard or kitchen counter. I drink tea all day long and when not able to afford the fanciful fine teas, it is good knowing I can enjoy the simpleness that is to be found in a cup of tea like this one.

I am thankful for roof on my head and the ability to boil water and fix myself a cup of tea. At times, desperate times taken for granted this basic need…for fixing a cup of tea when one does not have a place or a place of one’s own.