A review of Bilo Chun (Pure Spring Green) Tea by In Nature

I find myself craving this spring green tea today. I am happy to have still some of this tea left. Bilo Chun is from the high mountains of Jiansu and it has a fresh, and forest alpine taste to it.

I know with this tea to not over boil it as it will kill the leaves and flatten the taste. So my pot of water is at temperature of 85 degrees, not boiling at all but warm enough to burn finger slightly. I took one teaspoon of the leaves and place this in my cup; I then pour the water into my cup and let the leaves settle at the bottom of my cup. I like watching as the tea leaves unfold. It is a nice effect; they are mildly greenish in color and making the tea seeming green in color as well. When I remove the tea leaves, tea is a golden color and smells very fresh and dewy like wet grass; or that dewiness after a morning of rain with the trees all very wet and smelling of forest/woods and the outdoor.

In all; I like watching how the tea leaves blossom when they come in contact with the water. I like the freshness that this tea presents with each cup: a clean and refreshing quality; not bitter at all.

The teas lasting impression is that of a sweet mild palate, very soothing and mildly enough for daily consumption.