A review of Japanese Green tea bag Sencha (in Pyramid tea bags) by Den’s Tea

This is the same great quality Sencha that they offer loose, with the added convenience of a teabag.

Ingredients: green tea

I am having this tea steeped for 90 seconds with water temperature at 180 Fahrenheit/80 Celsius. With the pyramid tea bag it is easier to view the leaves as they did not unfold much. They remained the same but the tea’s aroma comes through as being very vegetal and mildly sweet roasting flavor. It smelled of roasted rice actually.

When I take a sip of this tea, I am met with a grainy texture and reminded a bit of the Genmaicha teas that I have enjoyed in the past. Yet this is not a Genmaicha but a Sencha tea. It definitely has a roasting quality to it and there is a delicate sweetness to be found in this cup of Sencha tea.

Overall, this tea is lovely; it is mildly green tea with slight astringency and sweetness at the same time. It is good tea. Thank you Den’s Tea for adding this sampler with my order.