A review of Sencha Fuka-midori Tea by Den’s Tea

I am continuing with the tasting of Sencha teas; As I opened the sealed foiled packet and inhaling the leaves aroma as being fresh and very vegetal; that cut grass smell. I take one rounded teaspoon and place this in my cup, I than add the boil water to my cup and with this 1st infusion steeping time is for 60 seconds.

I pour the tea (removing the leaves from the cup) into a clean cup and notice that the tea is a very light green color and smells very vegetal and making me think this tea might be slightly astringent in the taste. And I am not disappointed; there is a slight bitterness when I taste the tea. The scent is slightly roasted with a wet grass kind of smell.

With the 2nd infusion, using same leaves I pour some newly boiled water into my cup and let this steep for only 15 seconds. Tea is steamy and the leaves are full and in bits now and the astringency is not so prevalent as with 1st steep and the teas natural sweetness comes through more so with this short infusion.

I am to note that this is a tea that one can drink all day, everyday even, without getting bored with it.

I do like how with the shorter steeps that the tea is more sweet and does not require for anything to be added. And I am able to get several more steeps out of the leaves to continue to enjoy it for the morning and into the afternoon even.

I must say thank you to Den’s Tea for making such wonderful teas.