A review of Green Tea & Blackcurrant by London Fruit & Herb Company

Ingredients: Hibiscus, Green Tea (32%), Blackberry Leaves, Flavourings, Blackcurrant Juice (3%), Liquorice Root, Blackcurrants (2%)

I purchased this tea from Mark T. Wendell Tea Company last month and I have enjoyed it when needing something very flavorful with not much fussing. This tea is definitely that and more.
I take one tea sachet and you can smell the currants oozing out of the tea bag, as yet to be opened. I take the tea bag out and put it in my cup and add water that had been boiling into my cup and left to steep for five minutes.

Tea’s aroma is that of a bouquet of hibiscus and blackcurrants and smells very sweetly.
Tea’s color is a dark purplish in color like those dark Concord grapes. Tea depicts a floral nose, that of a lovely bouquet to appreciate again and again.

What I taste of this tea is a citrus blend of sort. For a green tea it is not astringent at all, it is most sweet and licorice like in the notes of this tea. This tea makes me think of those spritzers or non-alcoholic beverages with lots of punch to it.

Overall notes for tea: a floral bouquet with flavorings reminiscent of grapes and yet it is hibiscus, blackberries with blackcurrant that one should taste. I know this tea would make a great fruit-punch tea served with crushed ice and some specialized honey if needing more of a sweetener.

This tea has many facets, as yet to be unfolded with simply having one cup of tea.