A review of Green Tea with Peppermint by Akbar

This is another mint tea that I wanted to re-try. I find the peppermint in this tea is very strong, too potent. I did not want it as iced tea but wanted to try it as sweetly mint tea with the hopes for diffusing the mint somewhat.

I bring fully cold water in a small pan to boil and placed one tea bag into the pan and after about two minutes I turn off the fire. I take several spoonfuls of sugar and add this to the golden liquid before me in the pan. Adding the sugar while tea is boiling does make the air around me sweeter.

Tea has a lovely golden color, very bright and smell sweetly of sprigs of mint. If only when I taste it could be more tea and less mistiness. I mean not the mouth rinse mint taste I had when last I tried this tea.

So there is improvement with tea’s aroma with the adding of sugar. And when I finally taste the tea it is sugary, minty and not as over powering as before.

This tea has a bright, lively smell to it; and a clean palate. Yet it is not soothing and with the sugar added to tea it become thick in flavoring. Tea’s lasting taste is that of peppermint.