A review of Ruby Red Chai (Organic Spiced Rooibos) by Trader Joe’s

This is a tea that I can return to when wanting something with a good kick to it. Using 1 tea bag with 8 ounces of hot water, I bring water to full boil, and then I take one tea bag and place this in my cup and pour the water over tea bag and steep for about five minutes.

Tea has a very lively fragrance of ginger, cloves, allspice, cardamom, nutmeg and cinnamon and all of this makes this a lovely bouquet with a very pleasant aroma. It is a good tea for the nose.

Tea’s color is that of a golden sunset; a ruby glowing chai and when tasted it is filled with the spices from around the globe…ginger is present as well as the cloves and cinnamon with the allspice reigning in after ginger. It is a cloying of the spices with not just one winner but all…like a chamber quarter perfectly in –tune and timing.

That being said, you know you are drinking a cup of chai tea, it is very rich with many spices.