drank Slim Lotus Tea by In Nature

I continue to add to my delightful purchases of things to do with tea when I can. I made a purchase finally with Bon Teavant for their Tea Notes (Tea Dairy/Journal) and I began using it and have tried to record some of the teas that I have been sampling. I must say that it takes getting use to. And it does contain information to assist you with your recording. It is pen and notepad for when there is not a computer/type pad available, I supposed.
-————
This review is done from my notes using the Tea Notes guide:

A review of Slim Lotus Tea (Natural Pure Extract) by In Nature

Date: 08\23\2012
Company: In Nature Tea
Tea Name: Lotus Tea (Slim Tea Line)
Tea Type/Varietal:
Region: China
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: Cup / One spoonful of leaves
Plucking Season: this is a summer tea, so late spring season for plucking.
Liquor Color: Golden orb
Leaf Characteristics: tea leaves are cut squares like and sm/med in size; they are in green in color and remain this color. The lotus buds have a red/pinkish tip.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water Temp: 185 Fahrenheit
Time: 10:30 a.m.
Notes: Tea is very mild and floral in taste. It steeps a golden color liken an egg yolk with the light shinning directly into it. There is the lotus smell and flavoring throughout the tea, evenly distributed.
2nd Steeping:
Water Temp: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 11:30 a.m.
Notes: I am using a larger pan to make a pot of tea lasting for the remainder of the day. Tea leaves still remains very crisp, no folding of leaves. They are wet but not damp; it seems as if the water rolls off. The leaves still appear to be very crisp, well slightly less than with less boiling/steeping. They are softer and smelling more of leafy/green like veggies. Teas aroma is sweetly floral and tea is sweeter with this longer steep time and hints of lotus flower plant still remains.

With shorter steep time tea is more potently stronger but not necessarily nicer. I find making a bigger pot of tea, or in a larger pan and allowing the leaves to be immersed in water slightly longer to cook gives it more substance which brings about the teas many aspects.

Using Tea Notes seems a bit more work as it is newly way of recording my tea tasting. It does make me more aware of what is in my cup and why. Thank you Bon Teavant for Tea Notes.