A review of Orange Green Tea & Blackcurrant by London Fruit & Herb Company

Region:
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: Cup/ tea bag
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: purple
Leaf Characteristics: The tea bag before steeping smells very strongly of blackcurrant and the hibiscus. It is a sweet smell. After steeping for three minutes tea bag still smells of strongly of blackcurrant; it is a misty type of smell.

1. Steeping (s) 3-4 good steeps

1st Steeping: scale of 1-10, rating is a 5
Water temperature: 170 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes

Note: The tea’s liquor is a lovely purplish color with a sweet aroma. The hibiscus intermingles with the blackcurrants and makes for a lovely fruity bouquet.

I find I enjoy this tea best with longer steeps since it is more pronounce in taste and aromatic brewing.

2nd Steeping: scale of 1-10 rating is an 8+
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 4-5 minutes

Note: Tea’s color is a lovely purple and makes me think of Concord grape and the nose of tea is that of a floral bouquet to be enjoyed while gazing outside into one’s back yard filled with trees and plants.

It is a pleasurable cup of tea to be enjoyed since at times one can feel as if drinking one of those wine coolers or spirits flavored with grapes.

I like this tea for its wine cooling effect/aroma.