A review of Premium Blend of Orange Pekoe & Pekoe Cut Black Tea by Market Basket

Date: 09/11/2012
Company: Market Basket
Tea Name: Premium Blend of Orange Pekoe & Pekoe Cut Black Tea
Tea Type/Varietal: Black
Region:
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: Cup/ tea bag
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: Bright orange color (amber)
Leaf Characteristics: Tea bag when not wet smells mildly of tea; it is grainy sounding in the bag. When steeped it is a bit stronger in the smell of the folded-leaves (at times fanned) causing tea to color quickly in the cup as opposed to other teas.

1. Steepings 4-5 good steep with same tea bag

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 190 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes

Note: This tea has a nice floral aroma; it is a good cup of tea for the pricing.

2nd Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

Note: Teas odor continues to be a lovely aromatic brew and colors right away as one fills the cup. In taste, tea is smooth and clean with a full body since taste remains the same throughout drinking this tea.