drank Constant Comment by Bigelow

Region:
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: Cup / Tea bag
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: Dark golden brown
Leaf Characteristics: tea bag smells of tea, I cannot note any spices.

1. Steepings 2 good steeps

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 175 Fahrenheit
Time: 2 minutes

Note: When brewing/steeping this tea, nothing stands out about it. It smells mildly of tea I am thinking. Anyhow, I remove the tea bag after two minutes and let it stand a bit longer. When I do take the tea and have a sip of it, at first I am met with malt flavoring that some teas contain, and upon swallowing there is a hint of the orange note hitting my palate.

I guess I was expecting the orange to be more pronounce than is at this time.

2nd Steeping:
Water temperature: 190 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

Note: I thought to increase the water’s temperature and to let the tea bag steep in tea water a bit longer as I hope to bring out more of the flavoring. Tea’s color is the same: darkish brown/red tea. And the aroma is of orange rind and when I taste the tea there is the orange and some spices prevailing in the cup, just hints of spices and nothing more.

gmathis

Isn’t it funny? This was one of my first “gateway” teas, back when I was in high school. At the time, I thought it was so tasty! Now, it’s just … eh.

K S

This was the first tea I bought as a teen. I still like it. I am wondering if your tea was just old. It should have a fair amount of clove and orange flavor.