A review of Orange Pekoe & Pekoe Black Tea by Price Chopper

Date: 09/25/ 2012
Company: Price Chopper
Tea Name: Orange Pekoe and Pekoe Black Tea (Decaffeinated)
Tea Type/Varietal: Black

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 195 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

Note: I use one tea bag and put this in my freshly washed cup and add some boiling water into the cup and leave it to steep for five minutes. Tea’s color is a light amber and smell faintly of a roasted cup of tea. I am confused since this decaffeinated tea and I don’t notice anything different about it. It is not as dark as the other Pekoe tea that I have had and flavoring wise almost similar.

It is a milder tea, not as strong as regular non-decaf pekoe. This tea would go nicely with a sliver of lemon with a few squeeze of the lemon juice.