A review of Specialty Teas Green Tea by Trader’s Joe

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 2 minutes

Note: Instructed is to let the water cool 5 to 7 minutes after boiling. I take one tea bag and put in my clean cup and add the water over the tea bag and let it steep for 2 minutes. I dunk the tea bag a few times after desired steep time and remove the tea bag.

Tea’s color is lightest brown, and smells of leaves in the tea cup. Tea smells very grassy like when wet after rain has fallen. I missed that smell somehow, since I have not has Trader Joe’s tea is a long while. When I take a sip of tea, I am met with something that is astringent in taste, that drying sensation on the tongue.

Overall, this tea is clean with a refreshing and mouth-drying effect, but not bitter; more like the taste of a full plate of greens veggies.