drank Earl Grey Green by Bigelow

Region:
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: Cup / tea bag
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: light brownish
Leaf Characteristics: From the tea bag prior to steep the citrus oil aroma permeates.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 190 Fahrenheit
Time: 4 minutes

Note: I wanted a good cup of hot tea this morning to rid me of fatigue and dreary thoughts. I reached for this Earl Grey Green Tea that my in-laws picked out for me during one of their grocery jaunts. I must say that my mother-in-law favors this brand since all her teas seems to be from Bigelow. It is sold at the market 2 for $5:00.

Each of the tea bag individually wrapped to ensure great taste and freshness. I can attest to this; there is always freshness in the cup that I have had.

I open of the tea bag and place this in my cup and adding the boiled water from the tea kettle I leave this for the four minutes or so. I find it is easier to go attend to something else and five, four minutes can be pass with not having to stare at the clock or timer.

The citrus that is to be found in the Bergamot oil in the tea is very heady; noticeable and pleasant I might add. It is lime scenting not lemon. Tea color is lightly brownish and when I taste the tea after removing the tea bag tea is a lovely mixture of green tea with citron. I am not saying it is tea with lemon or lemon zest. If so the tea would be acidic.

Tea’s aroma is lovely and on a day like this (foggy and misty) one wants to have pleasant smelling things about and not floral like. So this tea’s aroma is find the citrus of the bergamot is conducive to how I am feeling this morning. This cup of tea is helping to ease me into a day that seems dreary.
There is no astringency; tea is cleanly; having no off taste. There is no overpowering of the bergamot oil as I have experience with other teas.

Overall, tea’s body is soft and medium, and yet not weighty, the presence of the bergamot oil is very noticeable as said like a lemon scent; the peels or adding a few grinds of a lemon which turns out is the lasting taste for me. Tea finishes smoothly and clean.