A review of 100% Organic & Pure Tea by Pure and Organic

Date: 10/11/12
Company: Organic & Pure, Inc.
Tea Name: 100% Organic & Pure Green Tea
Tea Type/Varietal: Green
Region:
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: Cup/ Tea bag
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: light brownish
Leaf Characteristics:

1. Steepings I have been sipping this tea using same tea bag throughout the morning; a very mildly astringent tea.

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 175 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes

Note: This is a newly green tea for me to have to try. I take one of the tea bag wrapped in green color packet and tearing the packet I take the bag and put this in my tea cup and I add the boiling water to it. I leave it to steep for a few minutes.

Tea’s color is light brown and tea’s aroma is that of wet grass/wet leaves. It makes me think of the dampness to be found after a day of rain. When I taste the tea it is mildly astringent with that drying effect upon swallowing, felt at the back of the throat. There is also a slight tingling effect on my tongue as I drank this tea; less noticeable when more water is added with other steeps.

This tea brand is similar in strength to that of Trader Joe’s Specialty Green Teas.