drank KaiMatcha Premium by KaiMatcha

Region: Japan
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ ½ tsp tea powder
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: bright green
Leaf Characteristics: Tea powder is a brightly green color with a very good “umami”, I imagine once tasted; since color and tea’s aroma goes to making a wonderful cup of tea.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 170 Fahrenheit
Time: 30 seconds

Note: I am finally trying this KaiMatcha today. I resisted for so long since this product is so expensive and has a high quality of value. It was sent to me to review from the company and I cannot thank them enough for their trust in me.

I add 1 cup of hot water (170-180 degrees) to ½ tsp of KaiMatcha Premium. Whisk quickly for 30 seconds until frothy; I am sorry to say I did not get this frothiness in my cup. Instead, what I have is a very dark green tea, with that wet grassy smell. And when I take a sip of the matcha it is astringent, not bitter since it also smells very sweet. This is the contrast I am confused about. There is a sweet smelling and very pleasant smell but when I taste it is not sweet at all. It tastes like veggies/and greens, cut greens that becomes sweeter after having a few and reaching the buttery aspect of the greens. That smooth, creamy texture that can only be found in natural green veggies with nothing added.

In all, this KaiMatcha Premium has a lovely bright green color and smells strongly of grass. Freshly cut grass and it is a lovely aroma. Upon tasting this tea, one is met with the astringency to be found in this cup, as well as a clean finishing when swallowed. Taste is clean, and lively with a buttery finish.
I am looking forward to trying the many recipes I have read about to do with using/serving matcha. Thank you again KaiMatcha for allowing me to have this wonderful experience.

michaelmarks

Since you thought that the Matcha was too bitter. You either used water that was too hot, too much matcha, or the matcha was not whisked efficiently. Matcha needs to be whisked until a thick froth with many tiny bubbles has been achieved. If there are breaks in the froth that reveals the liquid underneath, or big bubbles visible on the surface, the flavor profile of the matcha will be poor compared with one that has been whisked correctly.

Comments

michaelmarks

Sterling, MA