drank Oolong Tea by Yamamotoyama

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 190 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes

Note: I have been enjoying several loose leaf oolong teas and I remember that I had this Oolong tea in tea bags and I thought to fix myself a cup.
I use one tea bag and pour boiling water over the tea bag in my cup and leave it to steep for a few minutes.

I remove the tea bag from my cup to find that the tea’s color is a dark rustic brown. Tea smells wonderfully of roasted chestnuts. It smells very strong, I notice as much of the tea bag prior to immersing it in water. Tea tastes smooth and I continue to smell that smoky aroma, making for the darkness in the tea. Once I get past the smoky flavor there is a sweeter, mellower side to this oolong.

2nd Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes

Note: I continue to enjoy this oolong tea as previously. It has a strong smoky flavor and scent and after a few sips one can appreciate the smoothness and honey texture of the tea’s liquor when swallowed.

Overall, both cups of tea have that strong aroma of roasted chestnut and the tea itself is smooth and sweet with no astringency.