A review of Organic Yerba Mate by Guayaki
Tea Type/Varietal: yerba mate
Region: South America
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ tea bag
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: dark color/ dark like the forest at night
Leaf Characteristics:

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 180 Fahrenheit
Time: 10 minutes

Note: I spent a good part of the day drinking this tea to find out what indeed it would do for me. What I notice with the longer steeps is that the color darkens and taste bitter at first and gradually one can taste the different herbs of this tea. Not so much different herbs but to realize that it is herbal tea, tea leaves but not camellia sinensis.

Yerba Mate is known as the most balanced tea in that it delivers both energy and nutrition; and a good reason to continue drinking this tea.

185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more