drank KaiMatcha Premium by KaiMatcha

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 160 Fahrenheit
Time: 30 seconds

Note: I am trying this premium matcha once again. I take ½ a teaspoon of the powder and put this in my tea mug and I add the boil water into the cup and I stir it back and forth in the cup slowly and it does foam slightly. The taste of this matcha is very much like seaweeds or broccoli; a bit of stretch. It is astringent in taste at first but one pass that it is good. I guess for premium it is more potent, and thus more astringency.

The other tea powder matcha that I have has a fishy aroma since it is more for cooking; to use as paste/base for cooking with fish perhaps.

I did come across this blog that offered a lovely comparison as to why matcha foams differently… Tales of Japanese Tea—-Impact of the foam…
Kohei’s journal about learning Sado (The Way of Tea)

A very good Matcha tea comparison is to be found here with Tales of Japanese Tea:

Do you know why the amount of the foam is different on each of the bowl of matcha in this photo? The way of whisking tea varies depending on school traditions. Some schools tell to whisk fast and well to attain a lot of foam, but some schools do not. The speed of whisking makes the difference of the amount of foam. Here in our school, Omotesenke, we are taught to whisk lightly to attain just moderate amount of foam…more view post http://everyonestea.blogspot.com/

Expert opinion or not matcha tasting and enjoyment of matcha could be said like that of beer; in that it is an acquired taste.