A review of Energía Herbal Chai by Oregon Chai

Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: Cup/ tea bag
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: greenish brown; dark
Leaf Characteristics:

1. Steepings I find that I can steep this tea using the same tea bag numerous times since the spices are so rich and flavorful.

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 199 Fahrenheit
Time: 4 minutes

Note: I took one tea bag and place this in my cup and add the boiling water into my cup and cover the tea for few minutes. I can smell the spices right away; filling the air around me with notes like: Cloves, ginger, cardamom and cinnamon; tea really has a lovely aroma when I remove the cover / saucer. Tea color seems dark at first then greenish like. I take a sip of the tea and I am met with a spicy cup; with another sip and another I am reminded of Rooibos teas I have had; that of Trader Joe’s Red Rooibos.

Tasting wise it seems to be exactness in the spices to be found in rooibos teas whose color is usually reddish amber, or red tea.

2nd Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

Note: Steeping the tea longer and using the same tea bag does not seem to have changed at all. Tea color is same darkly greenish brew with a spicy aromatic blend.

In all this tea is an exhilarating herbal infusion of Yerba Mate and Guayusa botanical filled with energy to awaken the senses, open your eyes and experience better focus.

You know the song: I can see clearly now that the rain is gone…clarity is achieved!