A review of Matcha (Green Tea Powder) by Hamasaen

Region: Japan
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: Cup/ Tea powder
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: Green
Leaf Characteristics: Matcha smells very green, swampy wet rainy smells like dew. True scent is umami and marine algae smell.

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 170 Fahrenheit
Time: 2 minutes

Note: I have not matcha for many days now and this morning I opted for a small cup of matcha tea powder. It is infused and whisk gently for two minutes and the tea’s color is a lovely green and smell wonderfully of grassy marine algae. As I stare out the window sipping this tea, it looks cloudy and it is to rain later on. I think this tea in the cup makes me contemplative of the rain about to happen later in the next few days.

I miss the days when I lived not too far from the ocean and I could smell and feel the shores waves as they lap up over the walls sometime. It is quite a sight to see and to be a part of. All this is envision as I am taking sip after sip of this tea.

I don’t know when I can visit this Miso Market to obtain more of this tea and some other munchies and groceries. Oh well, in all this Green Tea Powder (Omatcha 40G) is very enjoyable; has been and continues to live up to flavor and taste. I do not keep it in fridge as directed to do.

I am kind of weird like that; since it is dried powder, it is in cupboard with other dried teas. Sorry to not comply.