drank KaiMatcha Premium by KaiMatcha

A review of KaiMatcha Premium by KaiMatcha

As much as I adore matcha teas, (tea powder), I have resisted to having a small cups of this tea daily. I think it has been a few days since having a cup. Anyhow, this afternoon after my long walk, upon returning I decided to fix myself a small cup of this matcha.

I took a small cup and pour fresh running water into the cup and let it boil for 1 minute; I take another small cup and add one small teaspoon of the matcha in the cup and add the water and gently stirring as I add the water. I continue to stir until it froth slightly and the color is this lovely green color; so true to the color of wet grass; that dark hew that one see when walking after a day of rain and the grass is still wet. I sip and sip the matcha slowly, taking in the tea’s flavor which is grassy; and tea’s aroma is that freshly cut grass smell.

I now understand the difference between the Green Tea Powder by Hamsaean that I have and this Matcha. The tea powder is more fishy in smell and taste; having more of that “umami” taste and makes me think of marine algae or the ocean smell as the waves come crashing ashore…leaving behind starfish, rock, seaweeds, etc.

As opposed to this KaiMatcha, which smells very freshly of green grass just mowed or that wet grassy smell after a day of rain.

Characteristically similar is the astringency to be found with the matchas. Aromatic wise they differ in that one conjures a fresh, grassy smell as the other conjures a fishy odor of seaweeds and the ocean.