A review of Taiwan Gaba Tea by Fong Mong Tea Corp.

Date: 11/01/2012
Company: Fong Mong Tea Corp.
Tea Name: Taiwan Gaba Tea
Tea Type/Varietal: Green
Region: Taiwan China
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup / loose leaf
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: dark amber
Leaf Characteristics: darkish brown thin leaves

1. Steepings 2 steeps and both were very nice.

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 180 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

Note: I took one heaping teaspoon of the tea leaves and add to my mug and pour hot water over the leaves and left to steep for five minutes. After which, I removed the tea leaves from my mug and take a sip of this tea finally, since I had this tea for quite sometime and had yet to try and I chose to have this tea last evening prior to retiring for bed. I was hoping for a good nice of rest.

The tea has a lovely aroma in that it smells like cacao leaves, sweet even and when tasted it is smooth and creamy. I have not tasted anything like it. It is really striking. This is very good tea and I have no word to really describe it. Or perhaps I don’t know how to describe.

I was able to have two cups of this tea prior to retiring for the night (last evening). I waited to fall asleep but unfortunately sleep never came. I am somewhat disappointed since I thought this was a tea for sleeping/better sleep. I will continue to try it nightly and see if there is change/different result.

I enjoyed both the aroma and taste of this tea and I can see myself purchasing it because it is an aid to reducing stress and anxiety, and helps with weight loss. I would try this tea again and again only because it taste so very naturally sweet…cacao nibs like.