A review of Darjeeling Mim by Pekko Teas

Tea Type/Varietal: Black
Region: Nothern India
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ loose leaf
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: reddish brown/ liquor red
Leaf Characteristics:

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes

Note: After a night with not much sleeping for me, I decided this morning to have a cup of this Darjeeling Mim Tea since I think I need to wake up and feel energetic and black teas are to do this. I surmise.

I take one teaspoon of the tea leaves and add this in my cup and pour the already boiled water over the leaves, and leave it to steep for five minutes. I remove the tea leaves from my cup and take small sips of the tea which is very flavorful of grapes with a slight drying effect when swallowed. I say slight since I think white wine is dryer than say red or darker reds wine. So the dryness here is mildly, tongue/back of throat kind of dryness.

I have enjoyed sipping this tea throughout the morning. Once again I must thank Pekko Teas for sending this to me.

Overall, this is a tea I have enjoyed. It has a lovely bright red coloring which is very clear and not clouded in the cup. I did not need to hold the tea directly under the light is what I mean. This is a light and flavorful cup of tea, at times complex since tasting of grapes making for a vintage cup of tea.

I mean this is quality tea.